Monday, November 5, 2012

Author Interview: Kimberley Anglesey

Do you use an outline or just start writing?
I don't use an outline but I do a significant amount of research during the writing process and then I ferment the story ideas in my head. This process of imagining the arch of the story brings together a general plan in my mind. Then I start writing and the story guides itself. It may end up taking a completely different path than I originally envisioned. I allow my characters to take on a life of their own and they often surprise me in the things they do and say.

What is your favorite website and why? My favorite website is Faerytale Magic.com The site is an ever growing collection of books, articles, reviews and authors that includes all fiction. It's a site designed to help authors reach out to their readers in a fun way. It also is a resource for readers looking to find new authors and a great story.

What was your favorite book growing up? I had many books that I loved growing up. I always had my nose in a book. I couldn't get enough of reading. I don't have a single favorite, but one that made an emotional connection growing up was S.E. Hinton's book, The Outsiders.

What is your favorite book? I don't have a favorite book as an adult, but I have favorite authors. They include James Rollins, Steven Berry, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, Michael Crichton, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. If I see a book from one of them, I want it! I also love the JK Rolling Harry Potter books.

Has a review ever made you cry? No. All of the reviews I have gotten have been positive. The worst review I have ever received said the book was well written, but not the reader's kind of story. You can't blame people for not being into the kind of story you wrote. I had no hard feelings about that comment.

Mer Si Raen Ambush by Kimberley Anglesey















Twitter: https://twitter.com/KAnglesey
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galateia-Press/164825606957521
Author: http://www.galateiapress.com/home/meet-the-author.html
Novel: http://mersiraenambush.com/

Find Mer Si Raen Ambush by Kimberley Anglesey at: Amazon & Barnes & Noble



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts