Friday, December 21, 2012

Author Interview: J.L. Petty

What genre do you write? Why?
I write horror/ science fiction. I have always been a huge fan of horror and science fiction growing up. I've always been the type to watch scary movies or frequent haunted houses during Halloween.

What inspires you?
I am most inspired reading works by other horror/ science fiction authors. I primarily read Alfred Hitchcock's Murder Mystery Magazine. I have always dreamed of writing short fiction for that publication.

Do you use an outline or just start writing?
I just start writing. I think it depends on if I get a spark of creativity and I will sit at the computer and write 10,000 words in one day. But sometimes, I get writer's block and won't write for weeks. So it depends on my mood, or whats going on in personal life.

What is your favorite memory?
My favorite memory is going to Disney World and Universal Studios as a kid. I still frequent those amusement parks. I love their themes!

What is your next project?
I just published a short story called " The Glass Eye." It is featured in Fear: A modern anthology for Horror and Terror. It was a charity anthology that was written in two volumes. International Best Selling authors Peter James and Sherri Browning Erwin wrote the forewords.

What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is french fries.

What is your favorite website and why?
My favorite website is  Stephen King's website. I'm a fan of his books, so I check it frequently to see when the next book comes out.

Do you write full time or part time?
I write part time for now. In the future, I hope to write fulltime.

When did you start writing?
I started writing at the age of 9. I would always write short stories and give them to my mom.

What is your favorite book?
Jurassic Park By: Michael Crichton, pretty much anything by Michael Crichton. His work is amazing.

What was your favorite book growing up?
Anything in the Fear Street Series By R.L. Stine.

Has a review ever made you cry?
I have never cried over a review. I usually love all of them no matter what the outcome. I have a good time reading them and I love to hear feedback.




Find Death and the Journalist by J.L. Petty at Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts