Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book Review: Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews



This is actually more of a rant against the publisher than a book review... :) LOL - You've been warned!


I've been in a reading mood. Yesterday, I went to Barnes & Noble and purchased Magic Rises by the writing team of Ilona Andrews. I was so excited! I love their writing style.

I didn't open the book. I didn't even read the back cover blurb. I got home about 4:00 and and started reading... Argh! The print was teeny tiny and the lines were smashed together. Honestly, it was horrid! What was the publisher thinking?! (Yes, I know, a better profit.) The small print by itself would have been hard, but I would have managed. The narrow space between the lines was awful!

After six pages, I wanted the book to be over; I just wanted to get through it. :( I was sick.

Sigh, I wanted that book! I did the unthinkable... I went to Amazon and purchased the Kindle version. I know, double price whammy! I don't have an unlimited income, just the opposite. My 'fun' money is a very small portion of my overall budget.

Sorry, I digress.

The book was AWESOME!! 
If I could shout louder, I would! :)

In Magic Slays, I figured out the bad guy within pages. It was a let down. Magic Rises was just the opposite! It kept me guessing the entire time! LOVED it!!! LOL I must have loved it. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. reading! :)

Honestly, I loved the entire book! The pace was perfect. The action and romance was a perfect balance. At one point, I had trouble seeing through tears.

I tried to find a favorite quote, but I loved them all! The one that stuck with me was...

“Kate. Open the box,” he said quietly.

I highly recommend Magic Rises!!

It is available at all major online stores. Here is the Amazon link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent (most popular) Posts